Tuesday 29 October 2013

A novel idea for wallpaper

Have you seen this Penguin Library Wallpaper from Osborne & Little?  What do you think of it?  I love it though I think I'd feel like a proper fraud if I bought it as I've only read two out of the twenty books featured on it (Nineteen Eighty-Four and Wuthering Heights).
  


It'd be perfect for booklovers who have that one pesky wall that they don't know what to do with because it doesn't support the weight of bookshelves.  Even friends and family who don't love books have to admit that the design of the old Penguin bookcovers is fantastic, it's bright, striking and iconic.  And I'm also all for unusual ways of promoting books and getting money into the publishing industry.

The Penguin design isn't the only one though, check out this lovely print of paperback spines from Tracy Kendall.



You can use it to decorate a whole room or just for one little area.  Pretty snazzy, ey?  I know we'd all much rather our walls were sinking under the weight of real, physical books but there's just some places you can't stick books, like the wall alongside the stairs, and this gives a beautiful alternative. 

I'm much too unorganised to actually get any of this wallpaper, but a girl can dream, right?  Has anyone else out there got any?  I'd love to see some real life examples of book wallpaper.

The Penguin Library Wallpaper from Osborne & Little can be bought at John Lewis (amongst other places)



No comments:

Post a Comment